A Critic's Comments on Bianca & Jackie Evancho

Moderators: Soundtrack2life, kymrbill, Tuned in Music and Media, Moderators

A Critic's Comments on Bianca & Jackie Evancho

Postby kymrbill » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 am

Here is a link to a blog proposing reasons why Jackie won't win AGT this year. It is actually a very kind and thoughtful analysis. In it, however, he has much good to say about Bianca which I have copied below the link. The bold highlighting is by me.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Jackie-Evancho-Wont-Win-Americas-Got-Talent

In fact, if we compare her to the only child winner of America's Got Talent, Bianca Ryan, Jackie still doesn't hold up as a talent contestant. Bianca won not just for the shock factor, as many other young acts made the finals that first season. Bianca also won because of her uniqueness. Bianca stands out even apart from the age factor because she doesn't sound like anyone else in the world. On the other hand, Jackie Evancho is an opera singer that sounds like a weaker version of professional opera singers.

Opera snobs may contend that Jackie has more talent than Bianca, but judging merely by technical factors is not very relevant in these kinds of talent contests. Uniqueness, soulfulness and versatility reign supreme. Ventriloquist Terry Fator is one of the most unique entertainers in the world. Pretty much no one does exactly what he does. Hence his victory. Bianca is a unique mix of soul, RnB, pop, Broadway and a smidgen of opera. It is difficult to find a singer who matches her versatility in vocal tones. While the average viewer may not think about it that way, they sure seem to respond to uniqueness and versatility.
Bianca "quote" of the week:

Alice walks by the river...
Alice knows where she's going.
kymrbill
Site Admin

Re: A Critic's Comments on Bianca & Jackie Evancho

Postby BR4EVR » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:07 am

Excellent post from our "Elder Resident Moderator-aka: Mr. Bill!" I wholeheartedly agree with the article. I have total faith in our "Sweet 16 Bianca" and in my mind she is and always will be "A SuperStar!" Thanks Bill.
Dave
BR4EVR
Biancaholic

Postby kymrbill » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:15 pm

BR4EVR wrote:Excellent post from our "Elder Resident Moderator-aka: Mr. Bill!" I wholeheartedly agree with the article. I have total faith in our "Sweet 16 Bianca" and in my mind she is and always will be "A SuperStar!" Thanks Bill.

The blog was discovered by our friend Dennis (r5lark) who posted it on TFCT. I - um - borrowed it to post over here at Bianca's forum.
Bianca "quote" of the week:

Alice walks by the river...
Alice knows where she's going.
kymrbill
Site Admin

Postby bobby nev » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:13 pm

It's reassuring that regarding Bianca, those who "remember her when" still admire and support her now, as evidenced by this critic's comments.
Yes indeed, the best is yet to come!
Bobby
Biancaholics: the meeting's at my house tonight!!

Please visit the Best Girl Singers Youtube channel @
http://www.youtube.com/BestGirlSingersHere1
bobby nev

Postby r5lark » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:56 am

kymrbill wrote:
BR4EVR wrote:Excellent post from our "Elder Resident Moderator-aka: Mr. Bill!" I wholeheartedly agree with the article. I have total faith in our "Sweet 16 Bianca" and in my mind she is and always will be "A SuperStar!" Thanks Bill.

The blog was discovered by our friend Dennis (r5lark) who posted it on TFCT. I - um - borrowed it to post over here at Bianca's forum.

Thanks, Mr Bill, for posting that blog on here, I should have thought of that considering how right it is about Bianca! 8)
Dennis
Biancaholic

Postby HugeFan » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:10 am

I have been a way for a while and haven't had as much time to follow what Bianca has been doing, but trying to catch up.

As for this article, trying to compare Bianca and Jackie is like comparing apples and oranges, they are totally different kinds of acts. Not sure why people do that.

No, Jackie shouldn't win. She is an excellent talent no doubt, but no where near where Bianca was when she won. I don't think there was doubt in anyones mind that Bianca would win as soon as she opened her mouth, I don't think the same can be said for Jackie.
HugeFan
Little B

Postby ragdump » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:27 am

After last nights AGT I don't think anyone can beat Prince Poppycock he's a riot
Greetings from Ragdump high in the northern California Sierra's my special place

ragdump
Biancaholic

Postby r5lark » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:34 pm

ragdump wrote:After last nights AGT I don't think anyone can beat Prince Poppycock he's a riot

Yep, he has a great act for Vegas and his song choice last night was brilliant.
But I wouldn't buy a CD of his, I don't like his voice very much.
Dennis
Biancaholic

Postby ragdump » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 am

r5lark wrote:
ragdump wrote:After last nights AGT I don't think anyone can beat Prince Poppycock he's a riot

Yep, he has a great act for Vegas and his song choice last night was brilliant.
But I wouldn't buy a CD of his, I don't like his voice very much.

A Vegas act is what there looking for, Poppycock is more visual on a CD he'd be just another Opera singer
Greetings from Ragdump high in the northern California Sierra's my special place

ragdump
Biancaholic

Return to ALL THINGS BIANCA